Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Star Trek!




Tim and I went to see the new Star Trek movie and it was FUN!

We have been Star Trek fans since we were both kids. I was a bit skeptical that they could keep resurrecting this thing successfully, but I REALLY enjoyed it! The story begins before the original Star Trek series with Captain Kirk and Spock, with impossibly young actors, who proved to be very likeable. The story is intricate, involving parallel realities and the intersection of past and future – but it was very interesting, and had a LOT of humor in it – quite a bit more than I expected. The only original cast member in this movie was Leonard Nimoy as the aged Spock.

…successfully crafts a new beginning that both honors the series' previous incarnations but also charts its own course using a clever time-traveling narrative that essentially creates an alternate Trek universe…”
~James Kendrick (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/#)

The only thing I didn’t like is that is it practically all non-stop crisis and action……… I would have appreciated a few more moments of just normal-speed events and personal interactions between the crew members.

But I DO recommend it! If you ever enjoyed Star Trek, I think you will like this fresh take on these original characters.

Blessings,
Cathryn
www.moonsinger.com
www.dancingpeace.blogspot.com
"A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago." ~Unknown
"The only certain thing about the future is that it will surprise even those who have seen furthest into it." ~Eric Hobsbawm

No comments: