Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Landlocked in Fur


LANDLOCKED IN FUR

I was meditating with my cat the other day 
and all of a sudden she shouted, 
"What happened?"

I knew exactly what she meant, but encouraged 
her to say more -- feeling that if she got it all out on the table 
she would sleep better that night. 

So I responded, "Tell me more, dear," 
and she soulfully meowed, 

"Well, I was mingled with the sky. I was comets 
whizzing here and there. I was suns in heat -- hell, I was 
galaxies. But now look -- I am 
landlocked in fur."

To this I said, "I know exactly what 
you mean." 

What to say about conversation 
between 

mystics?

~Tukaram
From Love Poems from God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West

Blessings,
Shakura Cathryn
"If you want something to be different than it is, you might as well teach a cat to bark. You can try and try, and in the end the cat will look up at you and say, 'Meow.' Wanting something to be different than it is hopeless." ~Byron Katie

No comments: