Friday, June 12, 2009

Gratitude for Beauty

Peonies!
Tuesday, June 9

Wednesday, June 10

Thursday, June 11

Friday, June 12




Last Tuesday my friend Sophia and I went grocery shopping, and there in the floral department of Safeway, they had these incredibly beautiful peonies! I couldn't walk past them. I had to buy them and take them home.

This is a flower I don't have much experience with. They were not around in my childhood as they require a colder winter rest period than Houston provides. So, while I had seen pictures of them, I never really realized how BIG these flowers are! These blossoms are about 7 to 8 inches across when fully opened.

I have enjoyed them so much! And I was also not aware that they change color as they age, going from a deep and rich rosey pink to almost white..... and every shade so lovely!

Mmmmm. I'm awestruck!

Blessings,
Shakura Cathryn
www.moonsinger.com
www.dancingpeace.blogspot.com
“Every person: God.
Every animal, every plant: God.
Everything: God, God!
The slightest contact is worship.”
~Ivan M. Granger

No comments: