Friday, February 20, 2009

Gratitude for Music

I have loved music ever since I was a very young child. I remember a time at age three, when I heard a song on the radio that I thought was wonderful.... and I decided right then that I would be a singer. Not a professional singer, especially. I don't know if I understood the concept at that young age. But I knew that in this life I would sing every chance I got. And I began really LISTENING to the music around me.

So my first post is to offer you an experience of music that I love when you visit this blog. There are 3 music players to choose from at the bottom of the opening page. The default setting will shuffle the songs randomly. If you don't like what's playing, scroll through the list and choose something else by clicking on the song title. The songs arranged alphabetically, as much as possible. In a few cases the musician is listed first and the song last, instead of song title first. That is beyond my control!

The RED PLAYER represents a selection of my favorite music from the last -- OMG -- more than half a century! Yikes! Oh well.... life goes on! There are many different types of music here, from a few oldies of the 50's and 6o's to relatively new music -- a little classical, a little country, rock & roll, blues, some folky things, and some spiritual / mantra music!

The GREEN PLAYER contains a selection of song I've discovered in the last few years.

The BLUE PLAYER is a selection of r-e-a-l-l-y oldies from the 50's and 60's -- the music of my high school years and early 20's, for those who were also there and like that old rock and r & b, or for those who are doing studies of past cultures ;-). Hey, it was FUN!

Enjoy!

I got these music players from http://www.playlist.com/ and it's SO easy to set up! They have a great system -- very user friendly. If you have a website or blog you might want to get your own music player. They have a massive collection of music to choose from, although I couldn't find everything I searched for. Some lesser known artists are not there, and some lesser known songs by the artists that are there. And be sure to LISTEN to your choices. You might find quite a few recordings of the same song, varying in sound quality, and some turn out to be covers of the original by other people, even though they are not always identified as covers.

I had great fun creating this playlists, and I hope they provide enjoyment for those who visit me here!

Musical Blessings,
Grateful Woman Shakura MoonSinger
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." ~Edward Elgar

No comments: