Monday, June 21, 2010

Sighs Turning Into Songs

Today is the Summer Solstice, and I'd love to shed some light on the Gulf of Mexico today. Many people have sent me e-mails calling for prayers, meditations, visualizations, etc. They are all good. The Gulf needs all the positive energy we can create.

I most like Masuro Emoto's idea of simply VISUALIZING THAT HOLE IN THE OCEAN FLOOR CLOSING.

In addition, I also like the call for singing or toning for the Gulf at noon in whatever timezone we are in. And at any and all other times, as well! Let's chant our prayers.

This reminded me of a great quote: “I teach my sighs to lengthen into songs.” ~Theodore Roethke

I have been feeling so sad about this oil situation.... but if I do let my sighs lenghten into songs I feel better, and I believe it is healing for me, and also a beneficial prayer for the planet, and, by intention, especially for the Gulf of Mexico and all the beings who live there, as well as for the land, and the people and beings who live along the coast. I am intending my sighs of grief and sorrow to lengthen into love and gratitude for the waters and for all life. I will do this at noon and whenever I think of it.

I came across three wonderful videos - a series - which I offer as visual meditations. For this specific intention I recommend the third one first, because it begins with some exquisite film of the oceans. But they are all wonderful.

Click the little square with four arrows at the bottom right to open to full screen view. The resolution is good, the photography very beautiful.







Please join me on this longest day of the year to sing, chant, tone or pray for the Gulf of Mexico and all the life the depends on it. Let us shine our light on the waters!

Blessings,
Shakura Cathryn
www.moonsinger.com
www.dancingpeace.blogspot.com
http://sites.google.com/site/dupnaz/
www.dancingmoonhealth.blogspot.com
"I teach my sighs to lengthen into songs.” ~Theodore Roethke

No comments: