Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lysacek - Avatar Na'vi

While watching the Winter Olympics I have been just amazed by Evan Lysacek, the American winner of the Gold Medal for Men’s Figure Skating. And as I watched him I kept thinking that he reminded me of someone. Finally I realized he reminded me of the male Na’vi hero in the Avatar movie. To my eyes, there is a definite facial resemblance….
(Click on the pictures to enlarge them)


But in addition, he has an incredible long and lean but POWERFUL body, and he is so completely in control and able to do most wondrous thing seemingly flawlessly, like the Na’vi in the movie. There is a similar powerful grace of movement.
Just watch him SKATE! I am awestruck! WOW~!
This video is from his short program on Wednesday night. At the end of this he was in 2nd place. I can’t find a video of the long program on Thursday night, which brought him the gold medal. But this is incredibly GOOD!

I’ve been enjoying the Winter Olympics more than I expected to, and I am so appreciating the beauty of the human body as well as the individual talents of all these incredible athletes!

And if you haven’t seen this movie, I highly recommend finding it while it’s still in theatres. Especially the 3-D version – it’s worth traveling for, if you have to go to another town (like we do) to find a theater capable of showing the 3-D film. The technology has definitely improved since the funky 3-D movies of my younger days. You REALLY feel like you are IN THERE with them. It’s most wondrous!

 Blessings,
Shakura Cathryn
www.moonsinger.com
www.dancingpeace.blogspot.com
http://sites.google.com/site/dupnaz/
"Is it reality, or is it not reality? All things are reality. Even if only one is imagining it, it is a reality in that the thought has been offered and someone, who has the ability to translate that vibration, will perceive it. It must be fair to say that anything that can be perceived must be reality. Because, as creators, your reality depends upon what you are willing to imagine and allow." ~Abraham

No comments: